Wings to Fly is a scholarship program offered by Equity Group in partnership with Mastercard Foundation through the Equity Foundation – the financial services giant’s philanthropy arm. It is currently accepting applications from 2022 Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) candidates in need of scholarships for their secondary school studies as they enter Form 1 in 2023.
Requirements for Applicants
- Be a 2022 KCPE candidate. Only 2022 KCPE candidates are eligible to make an application for the scholarship.
- Fill the application form accurately, honestly and completely. Equity Group Foundation rejects any applications without relevant documents.
- All fields in the application form with an asterisk (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled accordingly.
- Do not lie or use forged documents. Any false statements, omissions or forged documents lead to automatic disqualification.
- Have soft/scanned copies of these documents to complete the online application form:
- KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school). For early bird applications, you will be allowed to complete the application form without KCPE marks and Result Slip until submission.
- Copy of Death Certificate (if the father or mother is deceased).
- Evidence of financial support (if the applicant have received support in the past).
- Evidence of special needs (if the applicant has indicated special needs).
- Copy of Pay Slip/ Bank Statement (if the applicant’s parents/guardians are employed or operate a business).
- Signed declaration by Applicant and Parent/Guardian
- Filled application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Adm., Religious Leader and any other.
To qualify for the Wings to Fly Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following criteria:
- Academically Promising – top 5th percentile performing student in their Sub-County in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE).
- Orphaned or from vulnerable backgrounds (as defined below):
• Children who have lost one or both parents and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – evidence in form of Death Certificates/Burial Permits/letter from your Chief should be attached
• Children whose parents are physically or mentally challenged and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education
• Children whose parents are living with HIV/AIDS or other chronic debilitating illnesses and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – medical records should be sought
• Children from families affected by natural disasters such as flooding, drought, and famine or civil conflict and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – family’s current living conditions
• Children who have suffered neglect and/or abandonment and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education
• Children with parents living under extreme poverty and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education
How to Apply
- Applicants must first create an account online on the Equity Foundation scholarship portal. Follow the prompts and fill in all your details as required.
- Once you fill the registration form and submit it, an Activation Code will be sent your phone via SMS and email [if provided]. Enter the code and click the ‘Activate Account’ button to activate your portal account.
- Log into the portal. You will be redirected to a page where you will see open scholarship applications.
- Read the scholarship description and click Apply. Fill in all the fields provided in every step, then click on the ‘Save Changes’ button to submit your details in every step. The form is divided into five segments.
- Review your application and hit ‘Submit‘ to complete the application.
Wings to Fly Documents – PDF Downloads
More Details and Tips
Do not lie or use forged documents. Any false statements, omissions or forged documents lead to automatic disqualification.
The information provided in the application form is intended to help Equity Group Foundation Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB) understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship/award.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
The completion and submission of the application form is not a guarantee for sponsorship.
Below are contacts for the Equity Group Foundation in Kenya. You can also visit their website.
- Equity Group Foundation
- +254 (020) 2744000